Wednesday, October 15, 2008

UN-learn, RE-learn and just LEARN

I was supposed to come in by 9am but the previous night, dad was snoring loudly that i wasnt able to sleep so i decided to leave the house early and since im not a real citizen, the traffic volume overwhelmed me and now i know that hailing a cab is impossible. 8:50 am and i was still 3 blocks away so i called in to say im running a bit late. Woman from recruitment said its ok since i can always get the 11am schedule. (oh boy! have i known, i should have taken the bus instead, hehe) after 20 mins of interview, i passed and was asked to return by 12:30pm for my training schedule. I thought it wouldnt take long so i decided to wait for it and then have lunch. (plus i met this really goodlookin guy so i flirted a bit) 12:30 came and was told that if we wanted, we can start by 3pm. After contemplating and deliberating, we decided to start the same day thinking we still have two hours to prep for the training. Wrong! coz we have to take an english exam that lasted little less than 2 hrs, (sorry stomach.)

Training is from 3pm to 11pm and since i was officially awake for two days, my brain was frozen and i had to un-learn and re-learn my english. (ok. I can admit this much, im not good at it and i sound like a frog)

Things i learned from my vocal coach: (Yes im trying to learn how to sing)

  • The answer to "Do you have any more questions?" should be "NO" or to complete it "No, no more questions". Filipinos are so accustomed in answering "NONE" but if we changed the question into "Do you have fever?" we dont answer NONE i dont have fever but NO i dont have fever.(makes sense)
  • My Trainer asked me something about my previous work but i answered vaguely for confidential reasons. i said "i cant tell", he said i should have said "i cant say" and since i was brain dead for staying awake for 23 hrs, i didnt know the difference between the two. My good friend SPENCER explained that with TELL> you dont know what's goin on and with SAY>you cannot answer at that time or that you can find out shortly. (smart american boy, i wanna marry him now)
  • The correct pronunciation of IRREVOCABLE. if you wanna hear it and click the "speaker icons" on online dictionary.

The reason why im reluctant to learn english is because i miss Trojan. He's an eloquent speaker with the most wonderful and mellow voice (well he's american so go figure but then again most american are not as good as him) and learning the way he speak makes me miss him more. (i remember him teaching me how to pronounce FONDLE and those good times are what i miss most)

Anyway, i have to buckle down and get right into the dirty work plus i have to update my wardrobe.

life is really something~ Yell

No comments:

Post a Comment