Monday, November 17, 2008

PUBLIC IMAGE

Human personality is complex, PERSONA is an italian word that is derived from latin meaning "MASK" and i learned in psych class that everyone has a collection of masks they used in different situations. Of course there would be FAVORITE MASK and this particular one is what people want others to recognize them with. I for one have multiple masks that i use and this is evident when im talking with my DAD, Whenever he is around, my voice changes into this small, child-like tone, a needing, helpless, shy little child that tries to sound uninterested with his presence. When im with my kindred friend, i assume the role of the one with life experience that has wisdom and vulnerability to share. Sometimes im the lost little girl without a clue about life when im with someone who seems to know everything and most of the time, im the one uninterested with anything when intimidated or bored. when im flirting, im this sexually confident woman which is ironic because i am really prude.

People tend to judge others depending on the mask they have and sometimes these people are so convinced that their assumptions are correct. For someone with a weak personality, public perception becomes their reality and they lose who they really are. I recently invited my cute friend out for a night. I was with a friend and i kinda said i want her to meet him in passing but she heard that im gonna hook them up and she made an all night litany on how she is soo pretty to have all boys wanting her. (stop stating the obvious coz it hurts my ear.) When my new guy friend arrived, i can say my girlfriends was smitten but after the casual hellos. attention was all mine since im the only one he knows and this was considered a rejection from him and my girlfriends concluded that he must be gay and this went on until the next day. My friend actually liked my girl but he is such a nice gentleman who doesnt flirt on the first meeting. He has one of the greatest values i've seen in a man and this made him gay in my girls' eyes since he didnt jump into urges. i am actually pissed because a good mannered guy who treats women differently is trashed talked because over inflated egos were bruised.

default

No comments:

Post a Comment