Tuesday, September 11, 2007

DREAD

During our discussion on SPECIAL NEEDS CLASS. One group was tasked to report about HEAD INJURIES. As they were describing the different types of head injury,

default

My head started to ache, palms became cold and sweaty and i my breathing became deep as if i was losing air. Although it wasn't serious, i know it's a form of mild anxiety attack. I wanted to storm out of the room coz i couldn't bare to hear more. I'm afraid of brain trauma, specially of cracked skulls. maybe because i had brain trauma 20 yrs ago.

default

Although there is really no phobia of head injuries. There is one phobia that i am too familiar with. Claustrophobia or fear of confined spaces. I don't know when did i started fearing confined places. I remember i used to play with boxes when i was a little girl (gurl????) i used to hide and pretend that the boxes was my home, even though i barely fit on them and i also used to play inside cabinets and closets when i was a child. Now i dread getting stuck between narrow spaces. default

default

looking at these picture is enough to agitate me.

I was watching 30 DAYS (reality TV on FOX where participants are asked to live a life completely opposite of their own for 30 days. e.g. a straight man in a gay world, christian among muslims) During the prison episode, Morgan Spurlock went to jail for 30 days and during those 30 days he has to spend 3 days on isolation. Needless to say that triggered an anxiety attack on me. default

I'll go mad of i have to spend just 4 hrs inside an isolation room.

One of the fear that is connected with claustrophobia is Merinthophobia or fear of being bound or tied up. I know there are people who gets erotic fantasies with being tied up but these is not me.

default

Another phobia that a lot of people share is Acrophobia or fear of heights. Although i have this condition, i still wanna skydive and bungee jump so long as i am connected to a man who knows how.

No comments:

Post a Comment