Thursday, June 28, 2007

DISNEY INVASION

I was rummaging through my stuff and i stumbled upon a piece of paper i acutely remember. It was the piece of paper where i wrote the lyrics of PART OF YOUR WORLD from the disney movie the little mermaid. I wrote it during 9th grade (ganun??? ang sabihin mo 1st yr HS, feeling merong 9th grade sa philippines) but i watched that movie during middle school (anung middle school?, gagang to sobrang magfeeling) there is no doubt that this is one of my favorite songs but to give it a twist, here's the reprise of this song.

This basically encapsulates my willingnes to leave my world to be part of rossi's world and since im on disney, i decided to throw in pocahontas' color of the wind but i dont think we have such a huge cultural differences aside from my skin color and accent. So it's all good.

This is a song not included on the movie but it can be found on the 10th yr anniversary dvd of pocahontas. This song exactly expresses how i think i have found a safe home to be who i am.

Now this is the finale from that movie. One of the best endings that i can think of, it's kinda sad since they have to part but it sends hope that they will eventually be together. This also captures where i am right now, as Pocahontas run after john smith, it hit me. I am also running towards him. I know there is so much distance and time between us but i know i can whisper to the wind and it will take me where he is.

Or open up my computer and he's there!

Thanks to all the wonderful nerds who made it possible for someone like me to get to see and hear my baby!

Currently playing:looney tunes songs! bwahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment